What is health? We think it includes things like safety, relationships, financial security and being able to do what we want to.
In other words, having a sense of control over our lives.
Health care costs are rising dramatically but health disparities continue to widen. It’s clear that reducing risk factors and treating disease aren’t enough.
Having a sense of control means having agency – the ability to make purposeful choices. Yet this is not the case for many people and communities.
To sustainably improve health, fostering community agency is key.
Our aim is to transform how we approach health so that it goes beyond health care and public health to include fostering community agency.
BH&C On The Road
- June 28th, 2017, 41st Annual Rural Hospital Leadership Conference, Washington State Hospital Association, Chelan, WA
- July 21st, 2017, Summer Membership Meeting, North Carolina Hospital Association (NHCA), Myrtle Beach, SC
- September 7th, 2017, Annual Convention and Trade Show, Kansas Hospital Association, Wichita, KS
- October 20th, 2017, Interview of Simon Stevens, CEO of NHS England, Festival of the Future City, Business West, Bristol, England
- June 23rd, 2017, Annual Conference, Grantmakers in Health, Boston, MA
- June 23rd, 2017, Healthcare Leadership Forum, Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama, Point Clear, AL