Our approach to health is unsustainable.
It’s clear that what worked for acute illnesses and trauma is not working for chronic conditions.
And yet health care is struggling to respond.
It’s time to accept that health is just one of the many priorities in people’s lives. Not the top priority but a relative one.
To respond, health care needs to reconceive its relationship with the communities it serves. To do this, it must adopt an inclusive, participatory and responsive approach.
Our mission is to enhance health care’s ability to do that. Our work tells us there are 12 Principles. It’s a framework for change.
The change required is not for the faint-hearted. But we know there are brave leaders out there.
So, let’s talk.
- Healthcare Anchor Network Spring Convening, San Francisco, CA, May 21-22, 2017
- Connecticut Hospital Association’s Statewide Social Determinants of Health Collaborative Kick-Off, Wallingford, CT, June 5, 2018
- Iowa Hospital Association Summer Leadership Forum, Cedar Rapids, IA, June 6-7, 2018
- Sunday Assembly, London, UK, June 17, 2018
- South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations, 92nd Annual Convention, Sioux Falls, SD, September 20, 2018
- Western Leadership Conference, Hawaii Medical Service Association, Kihei, Hi, October 1-2, 2018
- Missouri Hospital Association, Missouri, May 16, 2019